California Divorce Post-Judgement Attorney

Assistance with Managing Post-Judgement Enforcements and Modifications

What is the use of a court order if it is no longer relevant or if the other party will not abide by it? After the ink has dried on your divorce decree, enforcing the court orders may be necessary. For example, if one spouse was assigned the duty of selling the marital home but did not begin the process by the date they were court-ordered to do so – or after a reasonable amount of time – you may need to get the judge to step up enforcement of the settlement agreement.

If the payer spouse has not started making child support payments or refuses to follow the parenting time schedule, then you may also need a lawyer’s help.

Because change happens, some court orders are subject to modification as time goes on. These include:

  • Spousal support

  • Child custody and parenting time

  • Child support

As a certified family law specialist by The State Bar of California, Karen is a lawyer who gets personal. She works to find expeditious solutions for her clients because support payments matter.

Modifications for Payers of Support

As a payer of support, you may need to make updates to an alimony or child support order if:

  • Your employment situation changes

  • You suffer a stroke or become seriously ill

  • Disabilities create a financial hardship

  • You are granted joint child custody

  • Your spouse remarries or moves in with their lover

Resolve Post-Divorce Issues Swiftly

Call Now

When you engage Karen for legal help, all the walls come down. She takes the time to get to know you and your circumstances. With a deeper understanding of your financial and legal needs, she can craft a strategic plan and pragmatic solutions.

Untangle the Conversation. Call Karen for Legal Assistance.

Do you need help getting the other party to comply with an existing court order? Is your divorce or child-related court order no longer serving the purpose it is meant to serve?

When you are contending with disagreements about financial matters with the other party, discussions can easily get heated. Karen will advocate for your rights and be at your side every step of the process. Call the Law Office of Karen S. Brown in Los Angeles. You may also reach Karen using the online inquiry form on this website.